We decided to remove the water tank, we are not sure yet if we will use the original or replace it with a new tank. We will pressure test the original, and run some vinegar water through it and see how the water quality is, then go from there.
After removing the tank we wanted to have the bilge much brighter so we could not only see the bottom but also so we could see any leaking or possible issues in the future.
Jeff and Jeremiah cleaned out all the old water, oil and rust and prepared the area for paint together.
Jeff used the same bright white bilge paint that we used in the aft berths. After two coats we can not see all the way to the bottom and will be able to see any leaking or possible issues in the future!